Tuesday 24 July 2012

My Ultimate Beauty Product - Palmers Cocoa Butter

Hi Everyone! Hope you're enjoying this gorgeous weather here in the UK just as much as I am. I even chose  to wear shorts and a bandeau top today it's that lovely! It's finally Summer at last, hooray! I'm so happy everything that comes with having Summer is finally here, late nights in a beer garden, sunbathing, shopping and watching the new Summer films. I finally went to see Magic Mike last night and throughout the entire 110 minutes, I just couldn't stop drooling over Channing Tatum. He really is just the definition of perfection and is the most perfect human being ever (besides David Beckham of course, who nobody can top). With all the nice weather it's obvious all you lovely girls are going to want to show a bit more skin, so I'll be talking about the ever-great infamous Palmers Cocoa Butter, a product which has been a staple in my bathroom cabinet for as long as I remember.




I first started using Cocoa Butter when I was about 13. I was at my friend Rachel's house when she opened a bottle of it and applied it to her legs. The first thing I said was "What's that smell?!", she showed me it and voila! Ever since then I've been hooked on it. I use it everyday, sometimes twice a day as an all over body moisturiser. It promises to relieve dry skin, tone and reduce marks. I hear it's popular with pregnant women and I've heard a few people swear by it for reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Regardless of whether I agree with that I still absolutely adore this product and I have no intentions of changing to another moisturiser anytime soon.


Firstly, I'd like to tell you about all the different ways you can buy Palmers Cocoa Butter. There are of course different sizes in a 250ml and 400ml bottle. I always buy the 400ml bottle as it lasts me alot longer and I get very upset when I run out (just a tad sad I know, but the stuff is just amazing). Another great thing about the Palmers range is that it is available in a bottle or a pump. I don't particularly get on with the pump as it sometimes gets stuck and it all gets very messy, so the bottle is fine with me. A 250ml bottle costs around £3.90 so if you're new to this product, definitely purchase this size incase you may not like it. A 400ml bottle costs me £5.25 from Boots. It's not only Cocoa Butter that Palmers sell, they have a huge range of other products which you can see here.




The packaging is nothing special, just plain white with a pale blue sticker. It's nice to have something a little more understated than the rest of my products in my bathroom cabinet which still screams "Use Me" everytime I see it. But what the product does just outweighs everything. It smells absolutely unbelievable, really chocolatey and rich. I find the scent really stays on my skin all day. If you don't like fragranced products this definitely isn't for you as it's such a strong smell. The texture is really thick, so a little really does go a long way. Because of this it can be a problem if you're in a rush to get changed and you need to wait for it to sink in. This is my go to moisturiser simply because it makes my skin feel amazingly soft and supple. It's a butter which means it's more of an intense moisturiser so if you suffer with dry knees, ankles and elbows it's a real godsend as the results are pretty much immediate. Thanks to Palmers my skin feels really pampered and well looked after every morning. As the weather is getting warmer, the shorts are coming out which means more Cocoa Butter hurrah




What are your holy grail body butters and moisturisers? Is there anything even better than Palmers Cocoa Butter?


1 comment:

  1. You're so in-depth - love it! I forgot how good (and cheap!) this stuff was.

    xo,
    Lela
    Enter to WIN a three-part DETOX PACKAGE!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x