Monday 13 August 2012

Trevor Sorbie Beautifully Straightened Hair Goodies


Hello Everyone! So the Olympics are over. Half of me is so happy to finally have time to breathe after working at them, the other slightly disappointed that it's all over. The Closing Ceremony was absolutely amazing! I especially loved Fatboy Slim and of course The Spice Girls. I really thought they stole the show, and how fabulous did Victoria Beckham look? *girl crush alert*. So after two weeks of sport, I now have my life back and can sit here with my laptop and cup of tea and get back to blogging. It's taken me a while to really get stuck back in it but I can assure you I'm now here to stay. 

If you're a reader of my blog or just know me well enough, then you're bound to know that I'm absolutely obsessed with hair care. I love to try out new things all the time and the best feeling is when you find a product that makes your hair look amazing. I first came across Trevor Sorbie around three years back when I was watching Imogen from ImogenFoxyLocksExtensions on YouTube rave about how fantastic the heat defence spray was. I bought myself my first bottle from Boots for £5.10 and voila! I was in love. With my love of the spray came my love of all products in the 'Beautifully Straightened' range, and apart from my trusty James Brown 'Scandalous' shampoos and conditioners (read my review here) the Trevor Sorbie haircare products are most definitely my holy grail must-have hair care saviours. 

I was in my local Boots recently in the haircare section and just as I'd picked up some Trevor Sorbie heat defence spray, I noticed a big white cosmetic bag on the bottom shelf. To my surprise, it was filled with a selection of four different products from the Beautifully Straightened range, including the smoothing balm which is always sold out in the store near me. Not only was it filled with product, but I actually really liked the bag. I'm jetting off to Marbella in two weeks time, and it will be perfect to store all of my girly holiday essentials inside. The inside is silk with a cute floral vintage design fastening up all the pockets which equals extra storage (hooray! More room!). I paid only £19.99 for it which is a fantastic price for what you're actually receiving. Four full sized products which are great, plus a good sized pretty cosmetic bag. Result

Protection Shampoo - If like me your hair is a little worse for wear, then you need all the help you can get by using products which offer protection against heat and other nasty things that affects it growing healthily and strong. The fact it can start working wonders right from the minute you use the shampoo is a real weight off of my shoulders. I find that it lathers up like a dream, and a little goes a long way, even with thicker hair. 

Protection Conditioner - This has the same effect on the hair as the shampoo, only it adds moisture and repairs dead ends. To know that even before you use any type of heat defence that your hair is protected is a real godsend. I love the way that the protection conditioner adds shine to my hair too, and doesn't give it that awful slimy feeling when you wash it out. 

Protect, Flatten and Shine Spray - Definitely my ultimate Trevor Sorbie product. When I don't use a heat protection spray I can really tell the difference in the look and feel of my hair. I use it before blow drying, straightening, curling, waving, pretty much anything. I love the fact it tames frizzy hair and reduces the appearance of split ends too

Smoothing Balm - This is constantly sold out whenever I try to buy my own! I'd never really used any kind of serum in the past as I tend to find them a bit greasy and thick. But this smoothes my hair and leaves it with such a nice gloss which doesn't have too much a greasy feel to it. 

Do you use anything from the Trevor Sorbie Beautifully Straight range? What is your favourite product?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x