Monday 14 January 2013

My Very Late Favourite Products Of 2012


Hello! So I'm only two weeks bleedin' late with this post .. but better late than never I suppose? I wasn't planning on doing this post at all but I had a horrible case of writers block so thought why the hell not! I don't know about you but these posts have been my favourite to read these past two weeks. I'm loving seeing what other bloggers have tagged as their favourite products from the past year, and even more so that I have a few of the same! I personally think that 2012 was a great year for beauty and hair products, who can forget the launch of the 'holy-grail' Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation or the launch of the Charles Worthington Hair Shine home kit? So, without further ado, here is the low down of the products that I have loved throughout the last year...



Bath & Body

Batiste Dry Shampoo in 'Lace'
Who doesn't love dry shampoo? It's the most convenient thing since sliced bread and just a quick spritz leaves my hair looking freshly washed. I love this one from Batiste as it smells gorgeous and doesn't leave your hair with a horrible consistency. 

St Moriz Instant Tanning Mousse in Dark
This is by far my holy-grail tan of choice at home and I wouldn't even dream of using anything else now. I've been using it for as long as I can remember and because I have olive toned skin, it doesn't leave me looking orange or patchy. Winning. 

Possibility Shower Gel in 'Raspberry Pavlova'
I love shower smellies! I particularly love the Possibility range too as it's so cheap but the scents are to die for. Amongst my favourites are raspberry pavlova (above), pink champagne and vanilla creme brulee. Beautiful.

Soap & Glory 'The Righteous Butter'
I couldn't have a product favourites without a bit of Soap and Glory! This is a more classic product, and I love it. It smells unbelievable and if you got your hands on the Best Of All gift set, then you would have received this monster of a tub.

Soap & Glory 'Hand Food' Mini
This remains firmly in my handbag throughout the Winter, and the full size product stands proudly on my bedside table. If you haven't tried this beaut, please do. It smells unbelievable and leaves my mitts ridiculously soft and hydrated.



Make Up & Skincare

Real Techniques Stippling & Powder Brushes
I was late jumping onto the Real Techniques bandwagon but I'm so glad that I did! They really do deliver high definition results, and I can't believe I hadn't used them earlier. They are so soft and wash really easily too.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 200 'Soft Beige'
Again, this is one of the most hyped products of 2012. I absolutely love this foundation and it is what I wear on a daily basis. It does what it says on the tin and brightens skin and in turn makes you look more awake which is great. 

Sleek Face Form Contour and Blush Palette 
I reviewed this product in full a month or so ago and since then I have been loving it. It defines my cheekbones and the sides of my nose to perfection and the highlighter compliments my skin tone under my brow bone so nicely without it looking to ashy. 

MUA Undressed Palette
Again, I reviewed this product in full a while back and the colours are a great dupe for Urban Decays infamous Naked palette without the hefty £36.00 price tag. I was super impressed with the pigmentation of these too and they blend so nicely together for a perfect smokey eye.

MAC 'Shygirl' Cremesheen Lipstick
I found a great dupe for this lipstick (NYX 'Pumpkin Pie') but you just can't beat the formula of a MAC lipstick. This is perfect for an everyday lip, and the nude colour means it's not too 'out there' either. 

Revlon PhotoReady Primer
Ahh, a good old controversial product. You either love this or hate it, but I rediscovered my love for it and would go as far to say I prefer it to MAC's Prep and Prime. It mattifies my skin brilliantly and when I set foundation using a sheer loose powder my skin looks flawless. 

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant 
I don't know one Glossybox subscriber who didn't love this in Novembers box! I have used this in the past and I love it. The only bad thing I can think of this is the smell, it hasn't got the most pleasant smell to it but it works wonders and leaves my skin so smooth.

Soap & Glory 'Dr Spot'
This stuff is one of my all time favourite products! Of course nothing beats a good old Sudocream facial overnight, but a dab of this calms down angry spots and speeds up the healing process of the nasty buggers. 




So that's a round up of my favourite products of the past year, even though I'm a whole two weeks late! What have been your favourite products been? Is there anything I mentioned above that you have also loved?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kendal,

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog! You've a great blog hun, loving the above products especially Soap & Glory! I've never tried Batiste dry shampoo...curious to try though!

    Eda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my favourites here, though not in my top 12! I haven't gotten round to doing mine yet *gulp* Well I've taken the photos, but I need to write the post.. I have the righteous butter.. big pot and 3 minis! But I need to give it a go...

    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Real Technique Stippling Brush. I use it everyday to apply my makeup. I like so many of your favourites - i havent tried the S&G Dr Spot. One for the wishlist. I do love their body butter smells amazing.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with so many of these, especially the RT brush! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better late than never! I've been loving these posts, they're such a great way to find new products to try. I agree with you on Hand Food, it's so gorgeous. I've just bought some RT brushes after reading so many positive reviews of them, a lot of people loved them in 2012! Hoping I'll love them too :) xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x