Monday 28 January 2013

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer



Hello everyone! Before I get started with today's post I just want to thank Beth from BirdsWords for giving the heads up on this product. I was reading through a few of her posts and noticed her blog on it, and seeing as I'm such a big Soap and Glory fan I thought I'd put my own spin on it! 

I know the majority of bloggers swear by Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection concealer and I have to admit I'm definitely one of them, but I had a voucher to use on S&G make up so thought I'd give it a go. I've read a few mixed reviews on it so the beauty blogger in me decided to whack it down on the till and give it a bash. I've used this for a few days now and I have to say I'm quite impressed! 


First off, it's a no brainer that the packaging is gorgeous. Very compact and I'm sold on the gold stars and reflective packaging it comes with, not to mention the amusing comments and words on the back. It's a 'three piece camouflage kit' and is complete with two concealers - one for the under eyes and one for blemishes - and a translucent setting powder. It also includes a cute little white powder puff which I think is ultra cute. Now I bought this in shade Medium as the Light compact looked a little too pale for me, but be warned fellow olive skinned ladies; it's got quite a yellow undertone to both concealers so if you have more of a pink skin tone, then be careful not to overdo it!

Both concealers apply so nicely and have a gorgeous consistency, really creamy and an absolute doddle to apply. I don't find that it creases under my eyes but I think this is because of the primer I use along with the setting powder. I find that when I use this along with Benefit's 'Eye Bright' I genuinely look a lot more awake and alert, without looking too cakey or plastered in make up. I'm quite lucky in the sense I don't suffer too badly with spots or breakouts, but I use the other concealer across the tops of my cheeks which cancels out the colour underneath my trusty foundation. The powder is a really nice formula too. The only slightly annoying thing about it is the product pay off on the powder puff. I do find myself having to scrape the pan a little bit to pick up a sufficient amount, but for what it is and it's durability I'm still sold. 


All in all, I think I'll be ditching my trusty Lasting Perfection concealer and I'm finding that I reach for this instead. Once this hits pan (which I doubt will be for a long time) I'll definitely be repurchasing it. Yet again, I've found another gorgeous product from Soap and Glory! I hope they keep on coming! 

Have you tried Soap and Glory's Kick Ass Concealer? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. I really want to give this a go, great review x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard quite good things about this concealer and am really considering picking it up! I love that it's a 3 in 1 product for so cheap?! You're right about the packaging it's so gorgeous & girly! lovely review darl :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good, think I'll have to purchase this myself!

    Kayleigh
    http://geekinthepinkdress.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x