Sunday 24 March 2013

Boots Botanics | 100% Organic Facial Oil

Boots Botanics Facial Oil - £9.99 £4.99 (Link here)


Hey dolls! I've somehow lost my blogging mojo a bit over the last week - I haven't really felt up to posting anything new, but I promise I'm here to stay now! Being a bit of a self confessed skincare junkie, I'm constantly on the lookout for new products to try out. I have an oily skin type so anything which screams 'oil free' or 'deep cleansing' is a winner in my books. 'Why have you been using a straight up oil then?' I hear some of you ask. After doing some research, I found out that by using some kind of oil on an oily skin type, it actually eliminates excess oil (how many times did I just say the word oil?) around the T-zone. I was a bit apprehensive to say the least as I had visions of being an oil slick after using something like this, but I actually have to say I my skin has never looked and felt so great in a really long time. 

'This aromatic oil melts into lacklustre skin to lock in moisture for 8 hours while softening, conditioning, and helping to restore its natural glow. Use regularly to boost the performance of your daily skincare regime'

Whilst I was out shopping, I came across the Botanics range which is a collaboration between Boots and Kew Gardens in London. They offer 100% natural products which all smell absolutely amazing, not to mention all of the products were half price too. I'm not too keen on the packaging, which is odd as I usually really like sleek and simple designs. It's a matte glass bottle with a pipette applicator which isn't ideal if you're travelling anywhere but this is definitely made up for as it's definitely become a staple in my skincare routine. You can never overdo application as the pipette picks up the perfect amount to cover the entire face. It says to apply after cleansing and toning, and it literally melts into my skin; for that reason, I only tend to use it at night. 


I've gone a bit oil crazy at the moment. What's great about this is the fact that it's so multi purpose. You can use it on nails, hair, your body, just about anything. The smell is slightly nutty which of course is right up my street as anything with a shea butter/honey/almond scent has to be mine! I've been using this religiously every night for about three weeks now and I honestly have noticed a huge difference in my skin. It's alot softer, more supple and has calmed down uneven pigmentation in my cheeks. I don't suffer with dry skin at all, but if you were more on the dry side then I think this would be a real godsend. Once this finishes (which will be a long while as a little goes a long way) I'll definitely be repurchasing it, even at full price. Have you tried any facial oils? Have you tried anything from the Boots Botanics range? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kendal! I appreciate your review of the Boots Botanics facial oil! I'm a skincare nut myself too, and also an Esthetician so I've tried literally every line imaginable in the world! I must say since Boots brought their products to the states, (in Target stores), I am very happy. I have recently purchased about 10 products and I love them all!!!! The packaging is adorable, they smell great, and they work!!! I have always felt that having oily skin, (which I have) it makes much more sense to use a facial oil which sinks in instantly, rather than a gunky, pore-clogging, waxy smothering cream. I LOVE this oil, the very first time I tried it which was tonight! I will continue using Boots, and one thing I have learned is you don't have to spend a fortune on good skincare!!!! Thx again for your review!!! What other Boots product is your favorite? I adore the Microdermabrasion Polish, the Mattifying Foam Cleanser and the Ultra Calm Night Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing about this. I just purchased a bottle on a whim, partially because it was affordable and it seemed to be natural ingredients but the packaging left me hanging a bit - wanting more information. Your write-up and Ingrid's comment are helpful, thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x